Capacity Analysis is designed to:
- Quantify your institution’s fundraising potential
- Suggest appropriate ranges for campaign goals
- Calculate the number of prospects required at each gift band
- Outline the staff resources required for success
By reviewing your institution’s wealth screening information and/or by building custom predictive models, Marts & Lundyâ€™s analysts examine each prospect’s financial capacity and inclination to give to your institution, pulling the data together in a data-driven model that quantifies your institutionâ€™s major gifts fundraising potential.
After adding baseline gift (non-campaign) projections to your major gifts potential, the Capacity Analysisâ€™ first step is to project realistic ranges for your planned comprehensive campaign. Two final steps calculate whether you have the prospects, staff and volunteers to achieve your campaignâ€™s financial goal.
Mid-and Post-Campaign Capacity Analyses
The Mid-Campaign Capacity Analysis ensures that institutions remain on course or suggests ways that it must adjust strategies based on remaining potential. The Post-Campaign Capacity Analysis examines whether the intended strategy worked to its fullest and whether your institution was able to maintain its projected productivity throughout the campaign â€“ so providing important baseline information for your next major drive.
Regular Giving Capacity Analysis
Regular Giving Capacity Analysis is similar to the Campaign Capacity Analysis, but differs in that it is adjusted to reflect the annual giving potential of your prospective donors at all levels. By analysing your institution’s annual fund history and by reviewing the current giving potential of your constituents (typically by reviewing wealth screening ratings or by building custom predictive models), we can:
- Project regular giving results over a ten- to twenty-year period
- Compare what they are likely to be if your institution continues its current tactics versus what they could be if your institution changes to improve rates of return
- Make recommendations about the staff and strategic resources required to improve your annual fund
Legacy Giving Capacity Analysis
Marts & Lundy has recently developed an innovative Legacy Giving Capacity Analysis. This
- Reviews your institutionâ€™s legacy giving history
- Examines its potential for the future by reviewing your age, ratings and wealth screening information
- Projects what your programme can produce in the future if no significant changes are made as compared with what your programme could achieve with more effective strategies
In the context of a comprehensive campaign, the Legacy Giving Capacity Analysis suggests the role legacy gifts may play and identifies the prospect segments that may be most conducive to blended gifts.A Yield Analysis provides a quantitative assessment of the philanthropic potential of your constituents over the course of a fundraising effort. By reviewing your institution’s wealth screening information and/or by building custom predictive models, Marts & Lundyâ€™s analysts examine each prospect’s financial capacity and inclination to give to your institution, pulling the data together in a data-driven model that quantifies your institutionâ€™s major gifts fundraising potential. We have found it a reliable predictor of fundraising outcomes, in part because it reaches deep into the portfolio to assess each prospectâ€™s true philanthropic potential.
A Yield Analysis is designed to:
- quantify the identified constituentâ€™s fundraising potential
- suggest appropriate ranges for fundraising goals
- calculate the number of prospects required at each gift band
- and outline a road map for fundraising implementation and success.